Michael Schumacher has admitted that his decision to try and return to Formula One this year was one of emotion rather than reason. The seven-time World Champion was unable to compete after being asked by Ferrari to replace the injured Felipe Massa following the Brazilian's unfortunate incident in Hungary.With a return for Valencia having made worldwide headlines, Schumacher was eventually kept on the sidelines due to a neck injury sustained in a motorcycle accident in February. "It wasn't really a rational decision, it was an emotional decision which, at the time, made me think, 'why not, it's part-time - it could be fun,' the German told Reuters.

"Having the meeting with Luca Di Montezemolo (Ferrari President), I looked at all the points, in particular that it was Felipe, who is like a brother to me. Part of the reason I retired was to hand the car over to him because he deserved to stay in a team with a top car; so, taking into account that it was him having the accident and having to suffer, it was very easy to convince myself, so I finally said, 'yes, I will try.'"

When asked if he would be interested in returning full-time, Michael's response was clear: "Right now, no."

Source: gpupdate