Fernando Alonso hopes to bring a world title for Ferrari F1 in 2010 and says that Mercedes, McLaren and Red Bull will be the main rival of the Scuderia.

Fernando Alonso visited the Scuderia Ferrari headquarters on Monday in order to take the measures for the new F1 car.

“It’s almost ready. I’m here in Maranello today to prepare the seat and other things connected to the debut on the track. I think that the Ferrari will be competitive and I really hope to bring the Drivers’ Title here to Maranello,” he said, in spite of the reserved declarations made only one day ago.

However, the double world champion anticipates a fierce fight for the title this year, considering that four teams can claim to bring the ultimate trophy in their showcase. “The ideal would be if my fiercest competitor was Felipe: that would mean that we’re the best team. Although I think that McLaren, Red Bull and Mercedes will be very competitive and hard to beat,” he added.

In the context in which Kimi Raikkonen, Robert Kubica and Sebastian Vettel showed their intention to compete in the rally, the Italian fans were eager to know if Alonso shares this passion. “For me Formula 1 is the top. I can’t see myself anywhere else. I always wanted to race in F1 since I was a child. Nascar? I like to play it on my Playstation,” Fernando Alonso also said.

Alonso’s next official appearance for Ferrari will be on January 28, when Scuderia will present at Maranello the new F1 car for the 2010 season.

Source: mibz.com